Eclipse Finished just under 14½ hours ago:
- 25 May 2013 - Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- (Saros 150, penumbral mag. 0.040, max. eclipse 04:10 UT
penumb: 03:43:09 UT to 04:37:05 UT)
An extremely shallow penumbral eclipse will be almost impossible to
see from the Americas, western Africa, and south-west Europe (and
actually impossible to see everywhere else). With only 4% of
the Moon's diameter being just very slightly dimmed, I'd stay in bed!
Next Lunar Eclipse:
- 18 Oct 2013 - Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- (Saros 117, penumbral mag. 0.791, max. eclipse 23:50 UT
penumb: 21:48:16 UT on October 18 to 01:52:05 UT on October 19)
A fairly deep penumbral eclipse will be visible from the Americas
(for the end), Europe, Africa, and most of Asia (the beginning of the
eclipse will be visible in east Asia).
Next Solar Eclipse:
- 3 Nov 2013 - Hybrid Solar Eclipse
- (Saros 143, umbral mag. 1.016, max. eclipse 12:46 UT
annular/total: 11:05:17 UT to 14:27:42 UT)
The path starts in the Atlantic east of Florida, moves southward as
it travels east, and crosses central Africa.
The maximum duration is 1 minute 40 seconds, and the path width at
maximum is 58 kilometers.
Next Total Lunar Eclipse:
- 15 Apr 2014 - Total Lunar Eclipse
- (Saros 122, umbral mag. 1.296, max. eclipse 07:46 UT
total: 07:06:21 UT to 08:24:59 UT)
A total eclipse of the Moon will be visible from the Americas,
with the end of the total eclipse being visible from eastern
Next Total Solar Eclipse:
- 20 Mar 2015 - Total Solar Eclipse
- (Saros 120, umbral mag. 1.045, max. eclipse 09:46 UT
total: 09:09:32 UT to 10:21:20 UT)
A total eclipse will be visible in the vicinity of the British Isles
in the morning; it will be visible from the Faroes, but not from the
UK. The path crosses between Scotland and Iceland, over the Faroe
islands, and into the Arctic. A 90% partial eclipse
will be seen in north-west Scotland.
This is from the same Saros series as the eclipse of Jan 24 1925,
and is the last-but-one total eclipse in its Saros series. The next
eclipse in the triple-Saros series is a partial eclipse, on Apr 21,