The Liberator Crew Go Shopping by Peter Borg
View of the Liberator hovering above the car park outside Safeway's. Cut to Tarrant at the pilot's position.
Cut to Tarrant, Dayna, and Cally, with Avon carrying Orac, walking towards
the trolley park. Vila can be seen running after them in the background.
- Zen, put her down next to that Ford Orion will you?
- Information: The Toyota took the space before I could get there.
Advise manual control for this manoeuvre.
- Always the way, some dork in a flash car thinks he owns the
- Just park the thing, will you?
- Ok, ok ... There, that should do.
- But you're taking up two spaces!
- So, we're less likely to get scratched! Anyway, if I park in
one space, there's not enough room to get out of the hatch.
- Come on! The shop shuts in half an hour!
- Come on Vila! Get a move on!
- Sorry (gives weak smile), the central locking was playing up.
Dayna reaches for a trolley, but Tarrant barges past her.
- I want to push the trolley ™ after all, I am the pilot.
- Well, excuse me! No need to push!
Avon puts Orac on the rack below the main basket, and inserts the key.
Silence from Orac. Avon smiles, and enters the shop. The others follow.
- I do not find this mode of transport particularly suitable to my
needs, as I can effect no control over it. Please find something more
- Sorry, Orac, but that's all there is.
- Did you have to bring that thing?
- Who else is going to keep track of the budget? Anyway, I have
programmed him with this month's shopping list.
- Which I consider to be a blatant misuse of my circuits. Even
the housekeeping budget is far too simple for my abilities.
- Well now, I'm sure I could redesign you as a electronic
Continued in The Way Back
Back to the Way Back
Back to Fanzines
Back to Blake's 7 Index